Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday, August 17


Without a helper, I have to carry the stations one at a time from my studio today. When I get to the corner with the first one, I have two people waiting for me! A friend, Monica, and a new acquaintance and fellow public-artist, RA. They use one of the stations while I run back for the other one.



When I come back, Monica and I take a turn.


When we were done, a few people had gathered in curiosity - following the principle that RA and I had discussed, that people on the street will only stop to check something out if it looks like something is already going on. These two people were both curious and asking questions, so I explained a little, and then suggested that they try it together, which they did!


When they were done, I used the station with the woman, who was very excited about her observations on her own process when using the station. She noticed that she went from awkwardly introducing herself, to telling about her day, to reflecting on how the events of her life are affecting her emotionally.

The last participants for the day are a pair of friends who were apparently engaged in a conversation as they walked down the street, in which one friend was dominating. When they finished using the station, he commented that when it was time for him to speak, he seemed to have lost his train of thought, and spent the time noticing and commenting on what was going on around him on the street.

No comments: