Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wednesday, August 16

I arrive at the corner to find a woman in a red shirt, who asks, " are you here for me?" I guess that she is someone who has heard of the project from my emails or the recent press in the Philadelphia Weekly- my hunch is confirmed when it is my turn to listen, and she tells me that she is Libby, she of the Fallon and Rosof artblog, who I have had on my mailing list for a few months now. It's a pleasure to finally meet her, and after we take a few minutes each, we chat about the nature of engaging the public in art actions. She hangs around for a while in the hopes of catching me with another user, but no luck. There don't seem to be as many people out as usual, and not a single person stops to use the station off the street today!

Later in the hour, my friend and housemate Liz comes by, and we take 3 minutes each before hoisting the stations on our shoulders and making our way back to my studio.

No comments: